Date:      Wed, 22 May 1996 13:51:54 -0400 (EDT)
From:      "Charles C. Figueiredo" <marxx@apocalypse.superlink.net>
To:        "Brett L. Hawn" <blh@nol.net>
Cc:        Paul Traina <pst@Shockwave.COM>, Garrett Wollman <wollman@lcs.mit.edu>, Poul-Henning Kamp <phk@critter.tfs.com>, current@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: freebsd + synfloods + ip spoofing

> On Wed, 22 May 1996, Charles C. Figueiredo wrote:
>
> > 	Brett, at first you were talking about how easy it was to hose ports
> > like 513 w/ SYN bit set packets, now you've moved into TCP sequence
> > prediction, that's irrelevant to how hard it would be to predict a seq on
> > a tcp session, in theory. The way the seq generator is right now, it's better
> > than some commercial implementations. I'm not coping the "It's
> > broken, but still better than the other stuff." attitude. You're blowing
> > this out of perportion. *I* want to see what the hell you've done to
> > prove FreeBSD is so insecure. If you built rbone, that's child's play;
> > and harmless if you're sensible enough to use tcp wrappers, and besides,
> > I think it still won't work. You're not going to create full-duplex
> > connection based services and expect to see what you're doing, are you?
> > I wanna see what I asked for in the other letter.
>
> I never made any commentary towards ports 513 or the like, I think you are
> getting yourself confused. As for the tcp sequences, its quite easy to see,
> catch me on IRC one day when I'm not busy and I'll happily spoof you and
> pretend to be you just so you can see. Once we're done with that perhaps
> I'll wander around and pretend to be your system and go fuck with some .gov
> sites, I'm sure a visit from some federalies would just make your day no?
> The basic problem here is the fact that I've yet to have a problem
> pretending to be a fbsd box, which means for all intents and purposes that
> if I wanted to cause you a lot of hell I could. Personally I find the idea
> of someone being able to pretend their me enough reason to re-vamp the
> sequence generator. Last I checked fbsd was still incrementing in 64k jumps,
> even if the first ack is random, pretty simple from there.
>
> Brett
>
> BTW: You're taking this awfully personal aren't you? If I didn't know better
> I'd say you're acting your age.

	I'm sorry brett, but it's evedant that you're taking this
personally, and you don't know what you're talking about. The only thing
you're going to do over IRC, is compile a IRC sequencing warez you
downloaded, and couldn't code if you're life depended on it, and use it
to irc, now you can't see what is going on on irc, all you can do is send
messages, and have a normal client on the same channel watching. As for
the .gov sites, all you're going to do is get rbone off a warez buddy,
compile, and hack rlogin on some old machine running sendmail v4.
	I'de hate to brake the news to you, but I'de get all your RSTs and
such logged on my machine, so when the feds came, I could just point them
to you. Any hell you try causing me, will just make you seem even lamer,
and get you in trouble. Who's acting like who's age? I still have yet to
see some real explantions, examples and logs of anything you do, instead
of just babble.