Date:      Sun, 02 Dec 2001 14:53:29 -0700
From:      "Charles Burns" <burnscharlesn@hotmail.com>
To:        rob_mccourtney@hotmail.com, freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: FreeBSD questions

>Hi,
>
>Im interested in using FreeBSD, but I have a couple of questions.

First thing to note is that it is not good to send messages to this mailing
list in HTML. Many people have mail reading programs that are either set to
disable HTML, or do not support it in the first place.
Additionally , HTML email is used for all kinds of things such as for
tracking valid email addresses for use by spammers.
Just something to keep in mind in the future. :-)

You can download FreeBSD from www.freebsd.org, and there is a FreeBSD users
group whos URL is http://ukug.uk.freebsd.org/

>and my second question is will FreeBSD run along side a Windows platform ok
>or should it be on the HDD by itself.

Yes, you can run FreeBSD alongside any other OS and, using WINE, can even
run many Windows programs from within FreeBSD.
For more details, see the Documentation section of the FreeBSD website
listed above; particularly the handbook and the FAQ.

Charles Burns