Date:      Sun, 20 Sep 1998 21:35:16 +0000 (GMT)
From:      Terry Lambert <tlambert@primenet.com>
To:        ben@rosengart.com
Cc:        current@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: shouting in a void?

> I've been reporting panics at least once a day for several days now.
> It's entirely possible that someone is reading my posts and working on
> these issues and is simply too busy to respond verbosely, of course, but
> I don't seem to be getting much feedback at all.  If these posts are
> resulting in anything at all, I'd appreciate just a simple "yep, thanks,
> keep up the beta-testing".

Well, I haven't responded because there wasn't enough information
for me to even be able to speculate reasonably.

Most recent code:		yes/no
CAM:				yes/no
Soft updates:			yes/no
SCSI:				yes/no
AIC SCSI:			yes/no
backed off clock.c change:	yes/no
ELF:				yes/no
other mutating subsystem:	yes/no
				(this one is hard to track)
Trap address:			_______________
nm /kernel | sort -n:		_______________
				_______________
				_______________
				(include only lines immediately proceeding
				 and following the the trap address; this
				 should be scripted by someone who cares).

currently running program:	_______________
stack traceback up to panic:	_______________
				_______________
				_______________
				(include only sufficient information to
				 get to the point where the panic occurred,
				 since se all know about the 12 or so
				 things panic calls).

Also, if you can identify a particular kernel subsystem from this,
you should contact the maintainer of that subsystem directly for
best response.

There is a lot of activity in -current, and I'm having a hard time
identifying where your problem begins and stale/bad code ends,
which is why I haven't responded.

					Terry Lambert
					terry@lambert.org
---