Date:      Tue, 26 Nov 2002 09:06:40 -0500
From:      "MikeM" <myraq@mgm51.com>
To:        freebsd-stable@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: FreeBSD on IBM's X335 series

On 11/26/02 at 2:02 PM Maarten de Vries wrote:
|- how well does FreeBSD install on IBM's X335 or X300 series
|in general?

I installed, and still have running, FreeBSD 4.5 on my IBM x330 1U server
(P3-800MHz, 768MB memory, Ultra160 SCSI drives).  Absolutely no problems in
the install or in the ongoing operation.  I'm running Apache (mod_ssl,
mod_php), Postfix, mysql, courier-imap -- all from the ports collection.

I cannot comment from experience on your other questions.