Date:      Mon, 19 Oct 1998 15:16:18 +0100
From:      Stuart Henderson <stuart@internationalschool.co.uk>
To:        Gustavo Vieira Goncalves Coelho Rios <grios@netshell.vicosa.com.br>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Walnut Creek vs. CheapBytes

-stable trimmed from CC's, it's offtopic there.

Gustavo Vieira Goncalves Coelho Rios wrote:

> I wish to buy a FreeBSD dist. So i went to Walnut Creek and CheapBytes.
> ChepaBytes is very cheap, but my question is :
>
> Is CheapBytes 4CD the same of Walnut Creek 4CD ?

If you're not buying the book "The Complete FreeBSD" as well, I'd strongly
recommend getting the Walnut Creek set for the ascii version, I don't think you
will regret spending the extra!

I can only find a single CD on the Cheapbytes site and I don't think it includes
source tar.gz files for the ports which would be on cd3 and 4 of the WC ones.
It's worth paying the extra just for that if you have to pay phone charges to
download.

Best wishes,
Stuart

btw, I thought this was funny. cheapbytes's description of NetBSD has this:
  THIS PRODUCT IS ONLY AVAILABLE TO CUSTOMERS IN THE
  U.S. & CANADA due to export regulations.
followed later by:
  secr.tgz and secrsrc.tgz have been removed as a result of export regulations.

Bizarre!