Date:      Tue, 20 Feb 2001 17:12:37 -0800
From:      Brooks Davis <brooks@one-eyed-alien.net>
To:        Kenneth W Cochran <kwc@world.std.com>
Cc:        freebsd-docs@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Tracking -docs like -stable

--7JfCtLOvnd9MIVvH

[Trimmed -stable from CC list since this is more of a -docs question.]

On Tue, Feb 20, 2001 at 08:04:04PM -0500, Kenneth W Cochran wrote:
> Hello -stable & -docs:
>=20
> I'm trying to "track" documentation similarly to -stable.
> I can cvsup the "docs-supfile" Just Fine, but what needs to
> be done afterward?
>=20
> After cvsup of doc-all, in what directory should I be when
> making/building?
>=20
> What are the relevant make-targets for documentation &
> where can I find them?
>=20
> How do I properly omit building the .pdf and .ps versions?
>=20
> I can't find anything in The Books (Lehey v3 & the
> Handbook) & the docproj Web-site seems targeted toward
> documentation "authors" & not toward documentation "trackers."
>=20
> The textproc/docproj port is installed.
>=20
> Naturally, faq/doc/book pointers most welcome.  :)

Since very few people actually do this, I suspect the best documentation
is going to be the developers documentation.  That's the "FreeBSD
Documentation Project Primer".  You can find it at:

http://www.freebsd.org/tutorials/docproj-primer/

It tells you how to build and keep your docs up to date.  If you just
want to keep up to date docs, you can ignore the part about keeping a
local CVS repository since that's quite unnecessicary in this case.

-- Brooks

--=20

--7JfCtLOvnd9MIVvH

--7JfCtLOvnd9MIVvH--