Date:      Tue, 28 Apr 1998 10:48:45 -0700 (PDT)
From:      Archie Cobbs <archie@whistle.com>
To:        benedict@echonyc.com (Snob Art Genre)
Cc:        hackers@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Whom to contact?

Snob Art Genre writes:
> > > For ports this is trivial, as I can pull MAINTAINER from the Makefile,
> > > but how do I determine this for various parts of the base system?
> >
> > cvs log?
>
> Thanks, but could you give a more detailed answer?  I am not wise in the
> ways of CVS.

Ah, sorry.. well, you can read all about it in the handbook I think
(I've never set up a CVS repository myself). But assuming you have
access to one, "cvs log xxx" will display all checkins to file xxx
and who did them, when, what the checkin comment was, etc. So this
is a way to trace the history of a file in terms of maintenance.

-Archie