Date:      Mon, 13 May 2013 10:43:41 -0400
From:      Robert Huff <roberthuff@rcn.com>
To:        RW <rwmaillists@googlemail.com>
Cc:        ports@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: qt3 -> qt4 question

RW writes:

>  > 	1) I have x11-toolkits/qt-copy (part of qt33) installed, and
>  > at least a dozen ports that depend on it.
>
>  IIRC qt-copy is an alternate version of qt33 with some extra patches
>
>  > 	2) Attempts to upgrade devel/qt4-corelibs fail on complaints
>  > the two conflict.
>  > 	3) I cannot find a "qt4-copy", and there is no mention of this
>  > in UPDATING going back three years.
>  > 	4) What is the correct successor for qt-copy?  Is that
>  > functionality been included elsewhere in qt4?
>  > 	5) Is there a way to determine which (if any) of the dependent
>  > ports will have issues with the conversion?  Right now the choice
>  > seems to be between a) inspecting the Makefiles (my make-fu is at
>  > the slapstick comedy level) and b) just doing and hoping nothing
>  > breaks.
>
>  I'm not really sure what you are trying to do, but you can't simply
>  replace qt33 with qt4, there may be some exceptions, but generally
>  things depend on one or the other.

	This is the specific issue:

===>>> Starting build for devel/qt4-corelib <<<===

===>>> All dependencies are up to date

===>  Cleaning for qt4-corelib-4.8.4_2

Qt 4 can be built with optional support for:
 - Common UNIX Printing System (CUPS) (enabled by default)
 - Network Audio System (NAS)
 - Qt style that renders using GTK (QGTKSTYLE)

In order to enable them, you have to add
	QT4_OPTIONS=	CUPS NAS QGTKSTYLE
to your /etc/make.conf and compile devel/qt4-corelib and
x11-toolkits/qt4-gui ports.

Attention! Whenever you change the QT4_OPTIONS both
devel/qt4-corelib and x11-toolkits/qt4-gui ports must be rebuilt!

===>   qt4-corelib-4.8.4_2 depends on file: /usr/local/sbin/pkg - found
===> Fetching all distfiles required by qt4-corelib-4.8.4_2 for building

===>  qt4-corelib-4.8.4_2 conflicts with installed package(s):
      qt-copy-3.3.8_14

      They will not build together.
      Please remove them first with pkg delete.
*** [check-build-conflicts] Error code 1

Stop in /usr/ports/devel/qt4-corelib.

	Does this help?

					Robert Huff