Date:      Mon, 24 Jun 2002 12:15:19 +0900
From:      Hajimu UMEMOTO <ume@mahoroba.org>
To:        Terry Lambert <tlambert2@mindspring.com>
Cc:        Giorgos Keramidas <keramida@FreeBSD.org>, hackers@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: Limiting clients per source IP address (ftpd, inetd, etc.)

Hi,

tlambert2> Giorgos Keramidas wrote:
> I've been thinking for quite some time to add per-client-IP limiting
> to ftpd, and I had almost decided upon something like the following,
> where each child of ftpd has two numbers associated with it.  The
> client IP address, and the PID of the ftpd child that serves it.  The
> hash at the beginning of the lists serves as a minor assistance in
> splitting the 2^32 address space in smaller chunks so that we don't
> end up with a singly linked list of a few thousand entries.

tlambert2> Someone just did something similar for inetd (per IP per port).

Yes, it's me.  I already rewrote my patch to use open hash as you
mentioned.  My patch is in testing on snapshots.jp.FreeBSD.org (thank
you Matusita-san).
You can find my patch from:

  http://www.imasy.or.jp/~ume/FreeBSD/inetd-perip-hash-5c.diff (for 5-CURRENT)
  http://www.imasy.or.jp/~ume/FreeBSD/inetd-perip-hash-4s.diff (for 4-STABLE)