Date:      Mon, 22 Mar 1999 16:28:10 -0600 (CST)
From:      Bryan Bradsby <Bryan.Bradsby@capnet.state.tx.us>
To:        Chris Shenton <chris@shenton.org>
Cc:        Wayne Self <wayne@baic.com>, Mark Conway Wirt <mark@intrepid.net>, Michael Moran <mmoran@veronet.net>, freebsd-isp@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: E-Mail size limitation by ISPs

On 19 Mar 1999, Chris Shenton wrote:

> "Wayne Self" <wayne@baic.com> writes:
>
> > PROCMAIL_MAILER_MAX [undefined] If set, the maximum size message that will
> > be accepted by the procmail mailer.
> >
> > Does anyone know how to set this?  It looks as if you can do this
> > even without using procmail as your local transport agent.  but i
> > could be totaly wrong.

You can set up multiple local delivery agents and have different limits
(per message) on each. The trick is to pick the right agent for each
customer. IIRC this could be done in a mailertable, but could be wrong.

> I haven't done it yet, but noticed that in the Procmail districbution
> there's a readme twhich talks about integrating Procmail with sendmail
> for improved performance and security. Take a look.

We do this here. We use procmail as our local delivery agent.

Have not seen a performance hit using procmail, and this enables filtering
mail with .procmailrc

Have not set up per user quotas yet, but have considered it.

HTH
-bryan