Date:      Tue, 4 Nov 2008 16:08:47 +0100
From:      Patrick Proniewski <patpro@patpro.net>
To:        freebsd-hardware@freebsd.org
Cc:        Daniel Eischen <deischen@freebsd.org>, chilo <olihc17@yahoo.com>, Jeremy Chadwick <koitsu@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: Motherboard  Recommendation for Freebsd 7.0 32-bit or 64-bit

--Apple-Mail-6-543508594

On 4 nov. 08, at 15:29, Daniel Eischen wrote:

> I'm in the market for a decent motherboard also.  Been monitoring
> slickdeals lately - newegg seems to have specials every now and
> then on the ASUS P5Q Pro.  The reviews I've read seem pretty
> positive on this board.  Anyone with any experience with this
> board?

I don't know about onboard RAID 1, or about ASUS specifically, but I
do know that TYAN and SuperMicro make very nice motherboards with
great FreeBSD support.
I own a 2 years old TYAN Tiger i7520SD sporting 2 Intel Xeon LV 1.66
GHz (sossaman), and an 3 years old SuperMicro P4SCI sporting 1 Intel
Pentium 4. Both are running 24/7/365 since I bought them.

regards,

patpro
--Apple-Mail-6-543508594--