Date:      Fri, 27 Apr 2001 18:11:51 -0700
From:      "Ted Mittelstaedt" <tedm@toybox.placo.com>
To:        "James Housley" <jim@thehousleys.net>, <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   RE: PPTP and firewalls, can I?

With the _correct_ kind of VPN client, you can have multiple
simultaneous VPN sessions through a NAT.  Microsoft PPTP ain't
it.

Your idea is a good one - they are confusing 15 pptp session
limits with NAT.

However, I don't know how easy it's going to be for you to find
an ISP that will grant them.  We would, but we have the IP numbers.
Many smaller ISP's don't.

One possible solution - a rather yucky one at that, is to
use a Windows 2000 Terminal Server system for your NAT gateway
to the outside.  You load the inventory/billing client on that.
Then the 15 inside systems use Terminal Server client to
connect to the 2000 system.  This would work - but by the time that
your non-profit recovers from the cost of such a solution, they
may be more inclined to go back to the billing company and tell
them to "get lost or supply a better VPN solution"