Date:      Mon, 7 Apr 2008 23:13:29 +0200
From:      "Aijaz Baig" <aijaz.abaig@gmail.com>
To:        "John Baldwin" <jhb@freebsd.org>, tnelson@fudnet.net
Cc:        freebsd-sparc64@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: sudeors file not affecting user privileges

Hello,

Well..thanks for the advice. However even after using a sudo to issue the
command from the users account, I get the same error message as before which
reads:

*sudo: /usr/local/etc/sudoers is mode 0644, should be 0440

*Well..what exactly is mode 0644 and how can I make sure that my users who
have been permitted to excute this command are in mode 0440? What exactly
are these modes and what do they mean?

Will something like *chmod 0440 sudoers* work to solve this issue? I am a
bit wary of experimenting with this so Id rather ask before doing it?

Hope to hear from you guys

Best Regards,
Aijaz Baig