Date:      Tue, 03 Sep 1996 12:58:48 -0300
From:      Dale Poole <daleus@cdngateway.pe.ca>
To:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Removing FreeBSD

To Whom It May Concern:

I have recently found it necessary to remove an unscrupulous technician from my staff.
During that person's time here, he had installed FreeBSD on one of our servers.  His
effort was directed to offering shell access accounts for some of our clients, as well
as to a MUD.

However, the shell access and MUD are no longer part of our company plan and we'd like
to get the server into use for other purposes.

I thought it would be as simple as booting from a DOS diskette and reformatting the hard
drive, however, I have discovered that when booting to DOS, there is still an odd:

	F1 . . . dos

	Default: F1

...on the screen when ever the machine is booted.  I would like to be able to remove
this, but unfortunately I have no idea how.

Can you provide any assistance in this regard?

Sincerly,

Dale Poole
Technical Director,
Canadian Gateway Inc.