Date:      Fri, 18 Mar 2005 22:20:58 +0100
From:      "giupil@aliceposta.it" <giupil@aliceposta.it>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   sysinstall/fdisk and the disk geometry

Hi at all.
My question is simple.
My laptop is a 1513lmi Acer, it has a TOSHIBA MK6025GAS disk with
117210240 LBA sectors.
When I install Freebsd 5.3, Sysinstall, in the Fdisk submenu,state the
geometry 116280/16/63 then translate automatically this geometry to
7296/255/63.
But both when I use the  5.3-RELEASE-amd64-disc2 and when I use
a installed system, Fdisk find the geometry 116280/16/63
and doesn't translate automatically this geometry to 7296/255/63.
So:
When I use Fdisk, have I to change the geometry from 116280/16/63 to
7296/255/63?
Sysinstall, partitioning, use Fdisk then: why is there this difference?
Is there a more exhaustive documentation about Fdisk and Sysinstall that
the man pages?

Thank you

Bye Giuseppe