Date:      Thu, 26 Feb 2004 14:15:35 -0800 (PST)
From:      Julian Elischer <julian@elischer.org>
To:        Mike Tancsa <mike@sentex.net>
Cc:        stable@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Testers needed: Joe's MFC of USB code

On Thu, 26 Feb 2004, Mike Tancsa wrote:

> OK, I have applied it to one of my older AMD boxes.
>
> ohci0: <SiS 5571 USB controller> mem 0xcfffc000-0xcfffcfff irq 5 at device
> 1.2 on pci0
> usb0: OHCI version 1.0, legacy support
> usb0: <SiS 5571 USB controller> on ohci0
> usb0: USB revision 1.0
> uhub0: SiS OHCI root hub, class 9/0, rev 1.00/1.00, addr 1
> uhub0: 3 ports with 3 removable, self powered
> uhid0: APC Back-UPS ES 725 FW:802.n2.D USB FW:n2, rev 1.10/1.06, addr 2,
> iclass 3/0
> ohci1: <SiS 5571 USB controller> mem 0xcfffd000-0xcfffdfff irq 5 at device
> 1.3 on pci0
> usb1: OHCI version 1.0, legacy support
> usb1: <SiS 5571 USB controller> on ohci1
> usb1: USB revision 1.0
> uhub1: SiS OHCI root hub, class 9/0, rev 1.00/1.00, addr 1
> uhub1: 3 ports with 3 removable, self powered
>
> ohci0@pci0:1:2: class=0x0c0310 card=0x70011039 chip=0x70011039 rev=0x07
> hdr=0x00
>      vendor   = 'Silicon Integrated Systems (SiS)'
>      device   = 'SiS5597/8 Universal Serial Bus Controller'
>      class    = serial bus
>      subclass = USB
> ohci1@pci0:1:3: class=0x0c0310 card=0x70001039 chip=0x70011039 rev=0x07
> hdr=0x00
>      vendor   = 'Silicon Integrated Systems (SiS)'
>      device   = 'SiS5597/8 Universal Serial Bus Controller'
>      class    = serial bus
>      subclass = USB
>

> It seems to work as it did before.  However, as my colleague found , it
> still panic's when you detach the ucom device.

So, this bug is already present in RELENG_4 and has survived the MFC..
Have you tried the same thing on 5.x?
Can you get a traceback?
(either a serial console or a coredump)

Does it work well with devices plugged into the ohci ports when powered
up? Earlier versions of the the patch had troubles with that but it
seems to have been solved. (at least for me).