Date:      Wed, 16 Sep 2015 09:18:38 +0200
From:      Riaan Kruger <riaank@gmail.com>
To:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Slim login manager: Bad rendering of user and password text

My slim login manager does not display text entered into the passwords and
username fields correctly. The following rendering issues happen. The text
disappears whilst entering it and reappears again when entering a new
character. But mostly it seems the end of the string is incorrectly
rendered where the last character is not completely displayed.

I am on FreeBSD 10.1 p12 with the following package versions:
slim-1.3.6_9
xorg-7.7_2
xorg-server-1.14.7_5,1
libXft-2.3.2_1 ( I put this in because it looks like slim uses a function
call in this lib to draw the text)

I have tried to specify different fonts in the theme but it makes no
difference.

Side note: It seems that slim is no longer maintained :(.

Can you suggest any way for me to get closer to the cause of this problem.
Any help will be appreciated.

Riaan