Date:      Sun, 08 Dec 1996 22:31:30 -0400
From:      Keith Ellis <jlellis@colby.ixks.com>
To:        freebsd-doc@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Problems installing FreeBSD

        I am trying to install FreeBSD 2.1.5-RELEASE on a 486SLC2 50MHz
laptop computer.  Here is what I have done so far (in order):

        1.  Downloaded boot.flp and rawrite.exe from ftp.freebsd.org
        2.  Made the boot floppy
        3.  Rebooted and started the installation program

I followed the instructions on how to install it exactly, and here is what
happens:  "Unable to copy 'bin man dict', wasn't found on media type you
chose" or something to that effect, and then says "Could not find kernel
image, you'll have a hard time putting this on your hard disk I'm afraid!".
 What did I do wrong?  From reading the instructions at
http://www.freebsd.org, I thought that was all I needed to do. Someone
please point me in the right direction.  Replies to jlellis@colby.ixks.com
please. Thank you.
/Keith E. (jlellis@colby.ixks.com/avery@dal.net)