Date:      Tue, 25 Feb 2003 02:58:20 -0500
From:      mpd <mpd@rochester.rr.com>
To:        ports@freebsd.org
Subject:   p5-OpenGL port - No visual when using glpOpenWindow() - 5.0-R

Hi,

I installed the p5-OpenGL port but can't get windows to open
with glpOpenWindow. Even the following script fails:

#!/usr/bin/perl
use OpenGL;
glpOpenWindow();
exit(0);

with the error:
No visual! at /usr/local/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.6.1/mach/OpenGL.pm line 3353.

Using glpcOpenWindow does the same thing.

Other GL apps I have written in C work just fine, and xdpyinfo seems to be
normal (The FAQ suggested I look for GLX problems, but I can't find any.):

>xdpyinfo | grep GLX
    GLX
    SGI-GLX

Using FreeBSD 5.0-RELEASE and perl 5.6 from the ports. I've
already tried updating perl, just in case.

Any ideas on this?

Thanks,

Mike