Date:      Sun, 06 Oct 2002 15:19:06 +0200
From:      Poul-Henning Kamp <phk@critter.freebsd.dk>
To:        Alexander Leidinger <Alexander@Leidinger.net>
Cc:        current@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: The official "GEOM is in the tree" speech.

In message <20021006150527.3594cef6.Alexander@Leidinger.net>, Alexander Leiding
er writes:

>> 2. Somebody to keep it updated, follow up on tasks, etc etc.
>
>No, you have a task? Commit it. Someone takes the task? The committer
>which inserted the task should update it.

This was (is ?) the priciple behind our fantastic collection of
unhandled PRs.

We don't want to repeat that mistake.

No, if you want such a page to work, it has an interested and dedicated
owner, who will take an email from somebody with an idea, send it around
to some likely know-it-alls to hear "is this a good idea ?"  Format
the edited version, put it on the page, correspond with volounteers,
poll them to see if they gave up etc etc etc.

Otherwise there is no point in even starting it.