Date:      Thu, 20 Aug 1998 04:55:21 -0400 (EDT)
From:      Peter Dufault <dufault@hda.com>
To:        bde@FreeBSD.ORG (Bruce Evans)
Cc:        current@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: cvs commit: src/sys/kern subr_xxx.c src/sys/scsi su.c src/sys/sys         conf.h

> bde         1998/08/19 23:10:42 PDT
>
>   Modified files:
>     sys/kern             subr_xxx.c
>     sys/scsi             su.c
>     sys/sys              conf.h
>   Log:
>   Moved `nx' functions to the one place where they are used (su.c).
>   They shouldn't be used there either.  They should have gone away
>   about 3 years ago when the statically initialized devswitches went
>   away, but su.c unfortunately still frobs the cdevswitch in the old
>   way.

"su" should go away in -current.  The reason for it was quick and
dirty fixed SCSI targets before I put in the wire-down code and
the "uk" device.

Anyone who notices it goes away will have an easy time to change
to a wired down device, and it will serve as a heads up to them
for work they have to do in the CAM cutover.

Does anyone disagree?

Peter

--
Peter Dufault (dufault@hda.com)   Realtime development, Machine control,
HD Associates, Inc.               Safety critical systems, Agency approval