Date:      Sat, 14 Feb 2004 20:32:36 -0600
From:      Eric F Crist <ecrist@adtechintegrated.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Cc:        Jez Hancock <jez.hancock@munk.nu>
Subject:    Re: continued IPFW issues... (actually a lack of ability on my part)

--Boundary-02=_MptLAiaT2bz8cbt

On Saturday 14 February 2004 08:14 pm, Eric F Crist wrote:
> Well, from what I understand, isn't udp a state-less protocol?  How would
> established/keepstate/check-state work with that?

Ok, so I read that check-state/keep-state should be able to work with udp. =
=20
According to the man page, I should add:

ipfw add check-state
ipfw add allow udp from my-subnet to any keep-state
ipfw add deny udp from any to any

my-subnet was changed to my /29 network address (i.e. 1.2.3.4/29).  Still, =
the=20
rule following all of these is ipfw add allow udp from any to any and it's=
=20
getting all the packets.  I'm still reading, but the check-state isn't maki=
ng=20
sense to me.

TIA
=2D-=20