Date:      Wed, 24 Dec 2014 11:13:55 -0500
From:      Eric McCorkle <eric@metricspace.net>
To:        freebsd-mobile@freebsd.org, "freebsd-x11@freebsd.org" <freebsd-x11@freebsd.org>
Subject:   VESA X11 drivers non-functional after recent update

Hello,

I have a laptop with an Optimus setup with haswell graphics and an nvidia ca=
rd.  As none of this is currently supported, I had been using the VESA drive=
rs.  However, the VESA driver no longer functions after I updated ports yest=
erday (most likely connected to the removal of old x11).

I don't have the specific error message as I'm typing this on another device=
, but it seems that the driver can't access the bios (messages include "cann=
ot read V_BIOS", neither device reports a bios segment, etc).

Is there something I can do to restore the VESA drivers to a functioning sta=
te (or alternatively, any sort of development haswell driver I can use), or i=
s the only option to revert the ports directory and rebuild everything?=