Date:      Tue, 23 Feb 1999 20:47:58 -0800
From:      Alan DuBoff <aland@SoftOrchestra.com>
To:        Andre LeClaire <leclaire@sprintmail.com>
Cc:        freebsd-mobile@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: Motorola Montana PCMCIA modem card

At 10:23 PM 2/23/99 -0500, Andre LeClaire wrote:
>I have one of these modems, and it works under 2.2.8-STABLE with the
>following in /etc/pccard.conf:
>
>card "Motorola" "MONTANA 33.6 FAX/MODEM"
>	config	0x21 "sio1" 10
>
>Andre

Andre,

Thanks a bunch, I'm gonna get it working tonight. Thanks! I thought I could
just add an entry in there and have it work, but wasn't sure and didn't
have the exact info.

Since I don't have support for my NIC, I need to set the laptop up to
access the net from the modem. My internal MWave on the ThinkPad is surely
not supported.

I also have an Adaptec 1460a which I saw was on the hardware list for FreeBSD.

I have to tell you, I am pleasently suprised that I got a wild hair up my
@$$ to look at FreeBSD, it's better on my laptop (although I have NT also,
and Linux and Solaris x86 do run on it).

I'm a crossover from Intel OS/2/NT/9x and have used Linux and Solaris,
working on Solaris Sparc for a job right now.

I don't mean to ramble, thanks for the Montana info! I've got Communicator
4.5, KDE, and Emacs installed, just need to connect it up to the net now.

Alan DuBoff - Conductor
Software Orchestration, Inc.
aland@SoftOrchestra.com