Date:      Wed, 15 Aug 2001 06:02:40 -0600 (MDT)
From:      <janb@cs.utep.edu>
To:        Mike Smith <msmith@freebsd.org>
Cc:        <hackers@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: more Newbus questions

> None of these are newbus items.  Interrupt dispatch is not managed by
> newbus (due to the costs involved).  Instead, interrupts are attached
> with bus_setup_intr, which forwards the interrupt handler and argument
> to platform-specific code.  The resource mananger is involved (since
> interrupts are a managed resource), and interrupts must be allocated
> using bus_alloc_resource before being set up.

Could you possibly go over how this works on the i386. Is there a global
structure that keeps track of all allocated IRQs and interrupt handling
routines? What I really need, is to find out, where this structure is
built, so that at this point, I can instead build the structure that xmach
needs. Or, alternatively, I can wait until that structure is done, and
then make the xmach structure from that...

Thanks again,

JAn