Date:      Sun, 10 Feb 2002 12:55:59 +1100
From:      Jacob Rhoden <f3z@iprimus.com.au>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   kernel config - ethernet card address

Hi,

I recently cvsupped to RELENG_4_5_0_RELEASE and have
done the buildworld, buildkernel, installworld . . . and then
jsut before installkernel I remembered something which
might be a big problem, so I am looking for help.

I had to rm -r /usr/src and /usr/obj to get buildworld to
work (i have no idea why) and in the process I lost my
kernel config file. I cant remember if I had to change the
ed0 line from 0x280 - 0x300. I must have it right because
I dont have local access to the machine *sigh*.

my dmesg says this:
   ed0 at port 0x300-0x31f iomem 0xd8000 irq 10 on isa0

default kernel conf says this:
   device          ed0     at isa? port 0x280 irq 10 iomem 0xd8000

Should I be changing the 0x280 to something?

Thanks for any help in advance (:
Jacob Rhoden