Date:      Mon, 13 Jan 2003 11:23:53 +0100
From:      Hanspeter Roth <hampi@rootshell.be>
To:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: linked twice against libintl.so

  On Jan 12 at 17:46, Dan Nelson spoke:

> You definitely don't want to do this.  Shared libraries get version
> bumps when the APIs change, so all you would do is coredump.

Is gettext's application programming interface changing so often?
(Without staying compatible.)

> Run "ldd -a" on your electriceyes binary instead of "ldd".  This will

My ldd doesn't have -a. I have 4.7-RELEASE-p3. So I've created a script.

> print out which libs pull in which libs.  Then upgrade whatever port
> provided the lib that depends on libintl.so.2.

/usr/X11R6/lib/libgnomeui.so.5 also is linked against libintl.so.2.
libgnomeui belongs to the package gnomelibs. I'll upgrade this
later.
Thank you.

-Hanspeter