Date:      Tue, 11 Jun 2002 14:00:40 -0700
From:      "Bruce A. Mah" <bmah@employees.org>
To:        Nik Clayton <nik@FreeBSD.ORG>
Cc:        doc@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Per-release installation instructions?

If memory serves me right, Nik Clayton wrote:

> I wonder if it's worth pulling the installation instructions (i.e.,
> chapter 2 of the Handbook) out in to its own document, and branching it.

[snip]

Hmmm.  I'm not real thrilled with the install document from the
release docs.  One thing to do might be to take the "real"
installation chapter from the Handbook and stick it in place of the
document in the release documentation.

One potential problem with doing that is that the install chapter is
kind of image-heavy, which doesn't work too well for documents that
need to live on the mfsroot floppy.

There's probably another way to do this, but that was the first thing
that came to mind.

Just a random thought.

Bruce.