Date:      Wed, 12 May 1999 12:02:00 +0900
From:      Seigo TANIMURA (=?ISO-2022-JP?B?GyRCQytCPEA1OWQbKEI=?=) <tanimura@naklab.dnj.ynu.ac.jp>
To:        jkh@zippy.cdrom.com
Cc:        Seigo TANIMURA (=?ISO-2022-JP?B?GyRCQytCPEA1OWQbKEI=?=) <tanimura@naklab.dnj.ynu.ac.jp>
Subject:   Re: Updated: Call for Review: VoxWare/LGSND(Yes!) midi driver for serial ports

On Tue, 11 May 1999 00:07:58 -0700,
  "Jordan K. Hubbard" <jkh@zippy.cdrom.com> said:

>> After a week of struggle, I am pleased very much to announce
>> that Luigi's sound driver now has a midi interface and a sequencer!

jkh> Excellent!  I'm very happy to hear this.  Any idea when you guys will
jkh> be able to support the on-board MIDI interfaces featured on many sound
jkh> cards?  Once that day comes, I'd say this code should go straight into
jkh> -current!

We have to discuss of the midi driver framework first, so that we have no misunderstandings.
Then we can write the drivers for the other devices. OPL3 will be the first one, as a lot of people
should have one.

Some members of the Unix-DTM club in Japan are willing to write the drivers,
so I would like to make the tasks defined clearly.

A week of discussion would be enough, I hope :-)

$BC+B<(B $B@59d(B(Seigo TANIMURA)|$B2#IM9qN)Bg3XBg3X1!(B $B9)3X8&5f2J(B
=========================|$BEE;R>pJs9)3X@l96(B $BCf@n8&5f<<(B M2