Date:      Fri, 14 Jul 95 12:44:47 -600
From:      jon doran <jond@ctaeng.com>
To:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   install via FTP failing -- 3C509 probed, not in menu

Help!  I'm trying to install 2.0.5R on a 486 with a 3COM 3C509.

I tried booting with the -c option and probing the card, the probe
identified the 3C509 at address 300 and returned 0x10 (which is the IRQ
the card is configured at).  However, after quiting the card does not
show up in the media menu, so I can't complete the install.

I also tried disabling everything at address 300 with the same result.

If I boot normally, the card shows up in the media menu, but I get a message
saying "unable to configure the ep0 interface" when I try to install.  I was
unable to read the results of the probe on a normal boot, as the screen clears too
fast.

It seems unusal that there would be different behaviours when I boot with and without -c,
even though I haven't modified anything...

Jon Doran
CTA Inc

jond@ctaeng.com