Date:      Tue, 24 Oct 2000 17:21:34 GMT
From:      efinley@efinley.com (Elliot Finley)
To:        freebsd-stable@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   4.1.1 and ad0 write errors.

=46or all those that sent a me-too message stating that they were also
getting errors like the following:

ad0: UDMA ICRC WRITE ERROR blk# xxxxxx retrying

You can see what access mode your drives are using by typing 'sysctl
hw.atamodes'.  You can downgrade the access mode of your drives by
using 'sysctl -w hw.atamodes'.  See 'man ad' for details.

I've downgraded the access mode on my drive from dma to pio and it
seems to be running fine, albeit a little slower.
--
Do you manage an ISP?
Do you have system hogs (line campers)?