Date:      Sun, 7 Nov 2004 18:55:24 +0100
From:      Martin Schweizer <pcservi@spectraweb.ch>
To:        Emil Khatib <fenomenoxp2@gmail.com>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: FTP access with ipfw

--pf9I7BMVVzbSWLtt

Hello Emil

Am Sun, Nov 07, 2004 at 03:27:02PM +0100 Emil Khatib schrieb:
> ipfw add allow tcp from any to any 1024-65000 keep-state
> is it secure to open those ports?

=2E.. if no service is running there I see no problems.
=20
> On Sun, 7 Nov 2004 15:22:16 +0100, Martin Schweizer
> <pcservi@spectraweb.ch> wrote:
> > Hello
> >=20
> > I had a long time to figure out the rules for ipfw (with and without na=
t, no
> > different for me). Attached I send you the part of rc.firewall that is =
for ftp:
> >=20
> > ipfw -f flush
> > ipfw add check-state
> >=20
> > [snip]
> >=20
> > # FTP
> > ipfw add allow tcp from any to any 20
> > ipfw add allow tcp from any to any 21
> > ipfw add allow tcp from any to any 1024-65000 keep-state
> >=20
> > [snip ]
> >=20
> > Am Sun, Nov 07, 2004 at 09:02:10AM -0500 Ara schrieb:
> > > This mail is probably spam.  The original message has been attached
> > > along with this report, so you can recognize or block similar unwanted
> > > mail in future.  See http://spamassassin.org/tag/ for more details.
> > >
> > > Content preview:  Hello Are you connecting directly to internet or via
> > >   nat? In that case you may have to enable passive mode on your ftp
> > >   client
> > >=20
> > > Content analysis details:   (3.60 points, 3 required)
> > > IN_REP_TO          (-0.5 points) Has a In-Reply-To header
> > > FORGED_MUA_OUTLOOK (3.5 points)  Forged mail pretending to be from MS=
 Outlook
> > > MISSING_OUTLOOK_NAME (0.6 points)  Message looks like Outlook, but is=
n't

> >=20
> > > From: "Ara" <ara@avvali.com>
> > > To: <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
> > > Date: Sun, 7 Nov 2004 09:02:10 -0500
> > > Subject: RE: FTP access with ipfw
> >=20
> >=20
> > >

> > > Hello
> > > Are you connecting directly to internet or via nat? In that case you =
may
> > > have to enable passive mode on your ftp client

--=20

Regards

Martin Schweizer
<info@pc-service.ch>

PC-Service M. Schweizer GmbH; Gewerbehaus Schwarz; CH-8608 Bubikon
Tel. +41 55 243 30 00; Fax: +41 55 243 33 22; http://www.pc-service.ch;
public key : http://www.pc-service.ch/pgp/public_key.asc;=20
fingerprint: EC21 CA4D 5C78 BC2D 73B7  10F9 C1AE 1691 D30F D239;

--pf9I7BMVVzbSWLtt

--pf9I7BMVVzbSWLtt--