Date:      Wed, 16 Jan 2002 18:57:43 +0100
From:      Rahul Siddharthan <rsidd@online.fr>
To:        multimedia@freebsd.org
Subject:   USB sound or other external sound?

The sound on my laptop is bust for some reason, and the Compaq people
aren't willing to fix it until I put back "Compaq software" (windows)
on the machine, and their system recovery CD didn't even come with
windows on it (the windows installation files were on the hard drive)
so it looks like I can't get it fixed without a lot of pain.

Are there any other options for sound?  Is USB sound supported under
FreeBSD?  Or any other sort of external sound?  I tried searching the
web and mailing lists but could find no references.

USB sound seems to be supported under linux so in the worst case I
could consider making my machine dual-boot with linux, but I'll
explore that option later if need be...

Thanks

Rahul