Date:      Fri, 16 Jun 1995 15:22:53 -0400 (EDT)
From:      -Vince- <vince@penzance.econ.yale.edu>
To:        Steve Ames <steve@cioeserv.cioe.com>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: chfn in FreeBSD

On Fri, 16 Jun 1995, Steve Ames wrote:

> in /usr/src/usr.sbin (i think) in the chpass directory theres a file
> called table.c (or maybe table.h). A quick mod to that and you can get
> users to be able to change their real names.

	It's actually in /usr/src/usr.bin/chpass and it is called table.c
so what I do is change the 0 to a 1 if I want to allow regular non-root
users access to the fields.  Is there anyway to invoke chfn like the chfn
on SUN's since many people were complaining about the vi editing.

Cheers,
-Vince- vince@kbrown.oldcampus.yale.edu - GUS Mailing Lists Admin
UCLA Physics/Electrical Engineering - UC Berkeley Fall '95
SysAdmin bigbang.HIP.Berkeley.EDU - Running FreeBSD, Real UN*X for Free!