Date:      Sat, 19 Apr 2003 14:36:13 +0100
From:      Jez Hancock <jez.hancock@munk.nu>
To:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Console key repeat rate zapped by X

On Fri, Apr 18, 2003 at 06:34:05PM -0600, Warren Block wrote:
> On Sat, 19 Apr 2003, Jez Hancock wrote:
>
> > I have a simple shell script setup called 'kbdrate' I put in a file
> > /usr/local/bin/kbdrate that's easy enough to execute:
> >
> > kbdcontrol -r 250.34
>
> I have an alias called "fast" that does the same thing.  But after the
> dozenth time in a day...
How about using the excellent 'precmd' alias (depends on you using csh as
your shell though).  In your .cshrc file put:

alias precmd "your fast command here"

Don't know if you've come across precmd before, it executes a command
immediately after control is returned to the shell when you execute anything
in a csh login shell. I have precmd setup like:

alias prcmd "echo && w -n && echo"

so it displays a list of logged in users after each command I run in a shell.
Pretty handy.

Hope that helps,
Jez