Date:      Fri, 8 Mar 2002 10:35:49 -0400 (AST)
From:      Jeff MacDonald <jeff@tsunamicreek.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Nic's go boom, not good.

Hi Folks,

I have a Freebsd 4.5 box running on a dual pII 300
on a QDI legend 4 motherboard. It's been running fine
for months, but today the onboard nic stopped working.

So i installed another pci one, and configured it.
It doesn't work either. The only things i have done
on said machine as of last has been.

 -- enabled ftp in inetd.conf and rc.conf , then started
    inetd.

 -- i've been ripping alot of cd's to ogg with a cd rom
    drive that isn't that reliable. so i took that out.

dmesg show's nothing useful regarding the fxp0 :(

My only suspicion is that the pci card i threw in for testing
was already faulty, as i just dug it out of my closet of
goodies.

Thanks in advance.

Jeff.