Date:      Fri, 6 Nov 2015 12:10:29 +0000
From:      krad <kraduk@gmail.com>
To:        Polytropon <freebsd@edvax.de>
Cc:        nightrecon@hotmail.com, FreeBSD Questions <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: /dev/da* getting /dev/pass* instead

LSI cards often have a R and a T firmware, one for raid and one for HBA,
you might want to put the hba firmware on the card and present the drives
native. Unfortunately I cant find much about the PROMISE 2U-SAS-12-D2 BP
0107, LSI card but it will be worth inspecting the actual board as it may
give more clues.