Date:      Fri, 14 Dec 2001 22:46:32 -0500
From:      "Doug Reynolds" <mav@wastegate.net>
To:        "freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.org" <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.org>, "robinson" <robinsonpar@yahoo.com>
Subject:   Re: modem to modem

On Fri, 14 Dec 2001 06:28:51 -0800, robinson wrote:

>I want to connect the two modems back to back using a cross cable, don't using phone line.
>who knows how to setup these two modems?

I've heard it can be done by using two usr's, which are 'wet' modems
meaning they supply their own, and on one side typing atx0d, and on the
other ata.  of course you have to have then connected together with a
phone cord.

---
doug reynolds | the maverick | mav@wastegate.net

PGP Public Key Fingerprint: 6E7B 9993 B503 6D45  E33A 2019 26E5 C1DB