Date:      Mon, 22 Jan 1996 10:03:16 +0100
From:      "Julian H. Stacey" <jhs@vector.jhs.local>
To:        asami@cs.berkeley.edu (Satoshi Asami)
Cc:        roberto@keltia.freenix.fr, bmc@willscreek.com, freebsd-ports@freebsd.org, gj@freebsd.org, rsnow@txdirect.net
Subject:   Re: popclient-2.21

Hi, Reference:
> From: asami@cs.berkeley.edu (Satoshi Asami)
> Subject: Re: popclient-2.21
> Date: Tue, 16 Jan 1996 03:43:12 -0800 (PST)
>
>  * The popclient in /usr/ports is ancient... The current version is at
>  *
>  *  6 Dec 1995   115.8 Ko  /sources/mail/utils/popclient-3.0b6.tar.gz
>
> Indeed.  I just upgraded the port to 3.0b6, please check it out.
>
> Satoshi

I was running a version of 3.0b6 on a src-current base, fetched from incoming/
prior to your upgrade, I've compared your tweaks with what rsnow@txdirect.net
provided, all looks highly plausible to me, so should be no problem.

(I say Was running simply because at present my ISP appears on the net the
other side of the Atlantic, so with the masses of mail I get, it's
much quicker to login , gzip the mbox & ftp, rather than have pop handshaking
for each individual mail. But I'm confident ports/mailpopclient(3.0b6)
should be well behaved & OK for others (& for me when I change ISP to a local
based one).

PS I noticed your man(1) style tweaks in the Makefile, & will be using them
as example for another port I'm working on.

Julian
--
Julian H. Stacey	jhs@freebsd.org  	http://www.freebsd.org/~jhs/