Date:      Fri, 17 Jan 2003 09:05:10 -0800
From:      Andy Sparrow <spadger@best.com>
To:        Murray Stokely <murray@FreeBSD.ORG>
Cc:        stable@FreeBSD.ORG, re@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: FreeBSD 4.8 code freeze in 15 days

--==_Exmh_-1839183142P

> Preparing releases on multiple branches has not been easy, and I would
> like to thank everyone for their patience.  FreeBSD 5.0 is almost
> ready, but we also need to think about FreeBSD 4.8.  I hope that we
> can make a very solid release worthy of being the last major release
> on the solid 4.X branch.  If necessary, we may still follow this up
> with a 4.9 this summer.
>
> The code freeze will begin on February 1st, and we hope to release a
> month later.  As always, if you have any questions please email
> re@FreeBSD.org.

Hi,

Is it planned to MFC the fixes for the 'xterm' termcap entry changes
from -STABLE termcap for 4.8?

The commit comment indicated that they were planned to be MFC'd a week
after the commit.

There was some kerfuffle at the time (from people using the overloaded
and highly-dubious 'xterm-color' terminal type), but I think that all
those issues are long since resolved for most people.

Also, what's the chances of getting the 'vnconfig' patches for
CD-ROMS/ISO images VMWare into 4.8? It's not appropriate to supply these
as patches for -CURRENT, as 'mdconfig' is the replacement there, IIRC.

Regards,

AS

--==_Exmh_-1839183142P

--==_Exmh_-1839183142P--