Date:      Sun, 18 Aug 2002 08:31:26 -0700 (PDT)
From:      yonatan <yonatan@xpert.com>
To:        freebsd-gnats-submit@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   ports/41763: [walkthrough] fixing security/acid port

>Number:         41763
>Category:       ports
>Synopsis:       [walkthrough] fixing security/acid port
>Confidential:   no
>Severity:       non-critical
The current Acid port suffers four problems:
1. It's not the latest version (ports/36940).
2. It should be indifferent to the version of apache
   it runs on. (ports/41577).
3. There are two unlisted dependencies: phplot and adodb.
4. The build process is not complete

If a long time has passed since this was submitted, please
contact me about it. I might have to to supply patches.
>How-To-Repeat:
cd /usr/ports/security/acid && make install clean
Open a browser. go to ServerName.
see nothing.
>Fix:
The complete build process follows.
# are my comments. not a part of the build.
-snip-
cd /usr/ports/www/apache13-modssl
make build
make certificate
make install clean
cd /usr/ports/www/mod_php4
make install clean
# Now I've encountered two bugs, they are
# present at the time of submitting this
# PR: mod_php4 breaks when compiled WITH_APACHE2,
# and when compiled with apache13-modssl, it
# only loads PHP if you use SSL.
# Here's how to fix:
# change:
<IfDefine SSL>
LoadModule ssl_module libexec/apache/libssl.so
LoadModule php4_module libexec/apache/libphp4.so
</IfDefine>
# To:
<IfDefine SSL>
LoadModule ssl_module libexec/apache/libssl.so
</IfDefine>
LoadModule php4_module libexec/apache/libphp4.so
# And:
<IfDefine SSL>
AddModule mod_ssl.c
AddModule mod_php4.c
</IfDefine>
# To:
<IfDefine SSL>
AddModule mod_ssl.c
</IfDefine>
AddModule mod_php4.c

# Irrelevant of this bug, it's not a good idea to
# send the error messages to the user, or to allow uploading files.
cp /usr/local/etc/php.ini-dist /usr/local/etc/php.ini
# And in the php.ini comment this line:
error_reporting = E_ALL & ~E_NOTICE
# and uncomment this line:
;error_reporting = E_COMPILE_ERROR|E_ERROR|E_CORE_ERROR
# and change this line:
file_uploads = On
# to "Off".

cd /usr/ports/security/snort
make -DWITH_MYSQL install clean
# The last one should install mysql323-server
# 1. create user and empty database for snort.
# 2. extract create_mysql from snort tarball (under contrib).
# 3. mysql -u user_u_created -p password database_name <create_mysql
# 4. Make sure the user can also CREATE and DELETE records from your DB:
mysql mysql
# in mysql:
update db set Create_priv="Y", Drop_priv="Y" where User = "user_u_created" ;
quit
# out of mysql, to reload permission tables:
mysqladmin reload

# In addition, now is the time to update snort.conf
# The very least changes are:
var RULE_PATH /usr/local/share/snort/
# add this line:
output database: log, mysql, user=user_u_created password=password dbname=database_name host=localhost

cd /usr/ports/databases/adodb
make install clean
cd /usr/ports/graphics/phplot
make install clean
cd /usr/ports/security/acid
make install clean

mv /usr/local/www/acid /usr/local/www/data/acid
# Last line is another build-bug

edit /usr/local/www/acid/acid_conf.php:
$DBlib_path = "/usr/local/www/data.default/php/adodb";
# data.default is probably the wrong place.
# But that should be fixed in adodb.
$alert_dbname = "database_name";
$alert_host = "localhost";
# The database can be on a different server. We
# should consider separating the mysql database
# installation.
$alert_port = "3306";
# That's the default. Can be changed.
$alert_user = "user_u_created";
$alert_password = "password";
# We should get values from the user for the
# last two.

Reuse all the parameters s/alert/archive/ .

$ChartLib_path = "/usr/local/lib/php/phplot";
-snip-
open browser to http://acid-host/acid/index.html
click "Go To Setup Page" --> "Create Acid AG".