Date:      22 Oct 2001 16:50:25 +0100
From:      Wayne Pascoe <wayne.pascoe@ehsrealtime.com>
To:        justin@cyburdine.com
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: capturing relayed email

justin@cyburdine.com writes:

> I was wondering if there is a way to easily capture email that is
> being relayed across my systems?  We have a ton of attempts to use
> our systems as a relay and I want to be able to accept the messages
> but not forward for these offending domains.  Is there something
> that will do this in the ports collection?  or does someone out
> there have a better solution?

If you capture the e-mails you have already used the bandwidth. Also,
intercepting e-mail messages not intended for your use could be a
crime in your area. I would check this before going any further if I
was you.

With Exim's forwarder rules, it should be quite easy to put a rule
together that says "if its not a domain I forward for, accept the mail
and deliver locally to user x"

--
Wayne Pascoe <wayne.pascoe@ehsrealtime.com>

Things fall apart; the center cannot hold;
Mere anarchy is loosed upon the world. - Yeats