Date:      Sun, 3 Jan 1999 02:17:30 +0100
From:      Ollivier Robert <roberto@keltia.freenix.fr>
To:        committers@FreeBSD.ORG, current@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: HEADS UP: Postfix is coming. new uid, gid required.

According to Dag-Erling Smorgrav:
> attacks described for yourself. Wietse Venema can't keep handwaving
> those holes for much longer.

He's not handwaving them IMO and anyway, the latest beta fixes the maildrop
problem (you can either keep the old way or use a setgid program).

> So please, *please* keep PostFix out of the source tree until we're
> absolutely certain it's mature enough, and until the FreeBSD community
> have accumulated enough experience with running PostFix on FreeBSD.

I'd say we have plenty of experience as 1. Wietse is using FreeBSD,
2. several people here were alpha-testers (jmb and me at least) and
3. we've been running it for months.

Having it in contrib shows a bit more that we're providing an alternative
to sendmail.
--
Ollivier ROBERT -=- FreeBSD: The Power to Serve! -=- roberto@keltia.freenix.fr
FreeBSD keltia.freenix.fr 3.0-CURRENT #2: Sun Nov  8 01:22:20 CET 1998