Date:      Wed, 19 May 1999 09:27:57 +0930
From:      Greg Lehey <grog@lemis.com>
To:        Thomas Widlundh <tw@ettnet.se>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Name

On Wednesday, 19 May 1999 at  0:12:29 +0200, Thomas Widlundh wrote:
> Hi.
> During installation, I was asked for a name of my domain (or the name of the
> machine?).
> The default was something like domain.mydomain.my***.
> Of course I put in something else.
> But when I now have managed (with some help of You) to
> get FBSD and X to work, my machine is still called
> mydomain.etc.etc. And I have searched a lot for how to change this, but...
>
> My question is:
> How can I change this? In wich file(s) is this?

People have told you how to change it.  I haven't seen anybody explain
what it means: this domain name is visible world-wide, and it needs to
be registered.  If you don't have a domain name, leave it empty.

To get a domain name, look at http://www.networksolutions.com/ and try
to guess what their stupid terminology really means.

Greg