Date:      Tue, 07 Nov 2000 03:17:41 +0300
From:      Sergei Vyshenski <svysh@pn.sinp.msu.ru>
To:        stable@FreeBSD.org
Cc:        cvsup-bugs@polstra.com
Subject:   switching cvsup mirrors may damage?

Is it possible that switching between cvsup mirrors
(in different time zones) may result in a damage of
/usr/src FreeBSD-stable tree?

I switched to another mirror and buildkernel stopped
running with impossible and peculiar logs reported
earlier.
Just cvsupping again did not help.
But removing /usr/src altogether and svsupping
from scratch solved the problem (to say nothing
of the fact that I sure lost my custom kernel and
sendmail configuration (.mc) files, which for some
unfortunate reason have to be kept inside src tree).

Sergei