Date:      Sun, 27 Sep 98 16:23 +0100
From:      Justin Murdock <justin@vide.coventry.ac.uk>
To:        questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: ! A question around supported configuration

> On Sat, 26 Sep 1998 belarbi@worldnet.net wrote:

> > Hi,

> > I 'm planning to buy a new PC to run Free BSD and I want to know if Free
> > BSD Run's with the following components :

> > Processors other thant Pentium : AMD or Cyrix (MMX or not)

> yes.

As a point of information, my AMD K6-2 300 128MB system was horribly
unstable with a 2.2.7 CD install.

(page fault on first boot, 4-5 unrepeated errors during compiling
a new kernel, distribution and package addition failing)

The custom kernel seemed to cure it, but I've not done any serious
testing as I'm waiting for a new network card, the existing one
appears to be unsupported.