Date:      Mon, 4 Aug 1997 21:28:09 -0400 (EDT)
From:      Nathan Dorfman <nathan@senate.org>
To:        beowulf@structured.net (Chad Monteith)
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: XWin and Mouse

> Greetings.,
> During boot, my system correctly finds my PS/2 mouse on psm0.  When starting XWin the mouse stays to the top of the screen and the output is:
> WARNING: /dev/mouse unable to get status of mouse fd (Invalid argument)
> I couldnt find a fix on the freebsd web site, any suggestions?
> /dev/mouse points to /dev/psm0
>
> -Chad

       The X Consortium requests that the following names be used
       when referring to this software:

			    X Window System
			      X Version 11
		      X Window System, Version 11
				  X11

That said, it's either a) your mouse not configured right in
/etc/XF86Config, man XF86Config, or b) moused is running. Kill
moused and try again.

  / Nathan Dorfman V PGP: finger nathan@rtfm.net  /
 / nathan@rtfm.net |    http://www.rtfm.net      /