Date:      Fri, 29 Mar 2002 15:58:31 -0700 (MST)
From:      Warren Block <wblock@wonkity.com>
To:        chip.wiegand@simrad.com
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: mozilla and java plugin

On Fri, 29 Mar 2002 chip.wiegand@simrad.com wrote:

> My guess is the problem lays with the plugin being for the linux
> version of mozilla and I am using the native fbsd port version.

Yes.

> How do I fix this?

I got it to work last night by doing this:

Update your ports if you haven't recently, then go to
/usr/ports/java/linux-jdk13 and do a make install.  It'll tell you how
you have to download the files from Sun and elsewhere.  Download them
and do the make install again.

That gets you the Linux JDK, which is needed to build the native Java
JDK (sigh).  Now go to /usr/ports/java/jdk13 and make install.
Download the files it specifies (different ones from before).  Do the
make install again, it will build for a pretty long time, and then it's
done.

At least I think this is right--Mozilla runs Diamond Mine now. 8-)