Date:      Sat, 20 May 2006 15:31:04 -0500
From:      "Zimmerman, Eric" <Zimmerman.Eric@con-way.com>
To:        "Yuri Lukin" <lists@swaggi.com>, <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   RE: after upgrade from 6.0 to 6.1

>Your procedure is almost identical to mine but I usually reboot after =
installing
>the new kernel, test it and then drop into single user mode to do the =
rest.
>The only exception is your step #7, I don't do it and wondering why you
>have it in there. Maybe I've been doing it wrong all along....
>
>-Yuri

=20
i think thats out of the handbook if i recall.  here is the reference:
=20
http://www.freebsd.org/doc/en_US.ISO8859-1/books/handbook/makeworld.html
=20
under section 21.4.5
=20
no issues so far. its just another way to get into single user mode =
after a reboot.
=20
i do the kernel stuff in multiuser mode, all the other compiling in =
multiuser mode, and then drop to single user mode to installworld.
=20
Eric