Date:      Tue, 13 Feb 96 14:51:37 MET
From:      edb@TFS.COM (Ed Booij)
To:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   IDE CDROM

Hi,

I'm running the latest cdrom version of FreeBSD on my system.
It's working fine, but I only can't see the ide-cdrom dirive.
I have one ide-ctl with 2 disks, and 1 ide-ctl with the cdrom
drive.

I configured a kernel with this in it:

options "CD9660"
options "ATAPI"

controller wdc0
disk wd0
disk wd1
controller wdc1
device wcd0

It recognised wdc0 and wdc1 and the disks wd0 and wd1, but didn't see
the wcd cdrom player. (not at boot time, and when I tried mounting wcd0c it
said: device not configured.)
The device entries are in the /dev dir, so that can't be it.

I also tried 'controller wcd0' instead of 'device wcd0' in the kernel config
file, but without result.

Can anybody help me with this ????

Thanks,

    *   Ed Booij / edb@tfs.com                 *
    *   TRW Financial Systems Nederland B.v.   *